Ingredients (8 servings)
1 lb Italian sausage
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 ½ cups bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups marinara sauce, or pizza sauce
12 lasagna noodles, cooked
6 oz pepperoni, sliced
1 cup basil, packed
3 cups mozzarella cheese
3 cups ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage until browned, then remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook onion until translucent, then add bell peppers and garlic. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a 9 x13-inch (23cm x 33cm) baking dish, begin to assemble the lasagna by spreading a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Then, layer ingredients in the following order: noodles, ricotta, sausage, veggies, mozzarella, sauce, noodles, ricotta, pepperoni, basil, mozzarella, sauce, noodles, marinara, mozzarella, veggies, sausage, and pepperoni.
- Place pan on a sheet tray and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until bubbling and starting to brown around the edges.